• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pump

ktm380

Jones,
I was going to saftey wire it on. But was not sure how well it would work. Like I said the wife has had alot more experence with this military stuff, and I do listen.

Wallew,
Thank you for the offer. I doing fine now, time will tell if it is a long term fix. I would like to met you and all the Denver area members. Hopefully this fall I will have more time and I can make it up there.

I wil be keeping an eye on the pump very closey.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ktm380 said:
Jones,
I was going to saftey wire it on. But was not sure how well it would work. Like I said the wife has had alot more experence with this military stuff, and I do listen.

Wallew,
Thank you for the offer. I doing fine now, time will tell if it is a long term fix. I would like to met you and all the Denver area members. Hopefully this fall I will have more time and I can make it up there.

I wil be keeping an eye on the pump very closey.
No rush. I've got the other three in one of my parts boxes. I don't need them. I bought them strictly to use as parts fuel pumps if mine craps out. I've yet to acquire my 'second' fuel tank.

Yeah, we gotta get together. Maybe I'll just have to 'host' an MV party. You could drive up for the day. Bring the wife, the kids and the dog.

Us Colorado folks do need to get together and take some pix to show the rest of the site how we do things here in the Rockies...

jim

rwelker

fuel pump source

Fellas, do a search for Olympic Controls or call (847) 742-3566, I just spoke with a gentleman in sales there this morning and he indicated they would sell to individuals any number of pumps from one on up. They are the original in-tank pump manufacturers for Uncle Sam. Rick

mcinfantry

id like to add, my in tank pump went out. i bought a civilian stewart warner 24v pump, and after replacing it with a nos intank pump, the truck definitly starts and runs better.

Trango

BTW I just checked in, too. I have the 24v external pump from Saturn surplus. Thing runs like a champ. It's a bit noisy, so when you mount it, put some insulative washers inline with the fastners, else your bed (the underside of which is where you pretty much want to mount it) will rattle like heck.

Bob

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,
Yah, I talked to him two or three months ago. I even posted it here. Unfortunately I got only one response. Which is why I bid on the four pumps on ebay.

If anyone buys from OC, it'll be $325 plus s&h.

As a side note, apparently this same pump is in the Bradley Fighting vehicle. Well, I guess I should say EIGHT of them are in the Bradley.

jim

jwaller

I just got around to fixing mine today. I removed the pump and found the 3 shims and screen. I drilled the lip and installed safty wire to secure the shims and screen. BUT The pump still just wirrrrrrs around and I get nothing from the primary filter.

Any more ideas?

ktm380

Thinking back, I had a hard time finding the last shim. Put it back together with four and it would pump with the line off but could not get fuel to the filter.
It took alot of time fishing around to find all the shims! They were all in the far corners of the tank.

jwaller

I only saw there in the pics above so when I found 3 I thought that was it and I was done. I guess ther should be more. ok then I will go fishing again. I bet thats the problem. I know it worked when I bought the truck and I'd like it to work the way it's supposed to. thanks for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks