• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Pumps and Fittings MEP-803a

dav5

That's the front of the set. The rear is always where the control panel is.

It would appear that someone could not get right pump, or wasn't paying attention to what they were doing. Or, it was time to close the work order on the set, and " it's close enough for government work" crossed someone's mind.
Guyfang I took some photos from the FRONT of the unit showing the auxiliary pump plus one of the primary pump. If they put the wrong auxiliary pump in they sure did a professional looking jobIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0733.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Indeed, looks good. But there is supposed to be two different pumps. Would I change it? No, it works. Rule 3. If it works, don't screw with it. Or, maybe it's some mod that has come out, and we have never seen it before? Has anyone else seen this?

dav5

Indeed, looks good. But there is supposed to be two different pumps. Would I change it? No, it works. Rule 3. If it works, don't screw with it. Or, maybe it's some mod that has come out, and we have never seen it before? Has anyone else seen this?
I haven't had a need to use the auxiliary pump. I think I will fill the tank with it periodically from a 5 gallon can so I know it works and I can use it as the primary pump replacement if I get a pump failure since they seem to be hard to source.

boatman69

I have a '99 Fermount 802a, reset 10/12 with 10.2 hrs. Indeed it has two E1074 pumps with filters. I have the same little filters on my 2007 831a as well. Pumping out of a drum you sould better have some sort of filter before the pump.

m32825

Called AirTex technical support. The E11010 is 12V, but they do have two 24V pumps:

E8131 10-14 psi
E8135 5.5-9 psi

Both are in the 14 gph free-flow volume range. AirTex sells on Amazon.

-- Carl
Since:

1. My MEP-803a still has Facet fuel pumps.
  2. It has a probable fuel pump problem.
  3. The "official" replacements are hard to find.

I'm going to try an AirTex E8131 for the transfer pump, and E8135 for the auxiliary pump. Plan to install AirTex inline filters ahead of both and will check pressure on the 1/4" ID fuel lines before and after. Will report how it all turns out.

-- Carl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks