• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel rail leak

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

Got a Leak coming out of the back driver side injector. Can some one give me some idea on how to fix this? 6.2l Detroit. Thanks I'm advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cucvrus

It appears to me that the nozzle itself is leaking. I do not see any fuel leaking at the hard line or the nut. I have a 30 mm Snap-On nozzle socket. It is special for the return line fittings. I could send you a used nozzle if you need one. Let me know.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

It appears to me that the nozzle itself is leaking. I do not see any fuel leaking at the hard line or the nut. I have a 30 mm Snap-On nozzle socket. It is special for the return line fittings. I could send you a used nozzle if you need one. Let me know.
When it is running, it seems to be coming out around the fuel line in the center of the nut. I'll get a video soon

cucvrus

Then tighten the nut. 19MM flare nut wrench. But I think it is the body of the nozzle leaking or the return line cap. The nut looks dry in the pictures.

cucvrus

diesel return line caps.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dde2336d71.jpg The last picture you show the cap is missing on the return line. That will do it for sure. You need to get a set or a cap. Or make a cap. You need the PITA clamps also.

cucvrus

Look on the other side of the engine. The rear nozzle has the one side plugged off. The picture I sent with the lines has the 2 small caps in the center bottom. That is what you are missing. Easy. Get the caps. Maybe GM dealer. Put the clamp on the cap and lube it a bit and push it on the return fitting done. Man my eyes would be burning with that fuel on the exhaust. No tools needed but maybe a needle nose pliers. Good Luck.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on eBay under 6.2L diesel injectors.
There are hose kits using the high quality German made hose. Does not require the use of clamps.
Two end caps are included.

Maybe end caps available separately.

Easy find and fix

cucvrus

Rick,
We do not list anything through NAPA or even our AC DelcoSupplier

Looks like an after market item at this point. Go with Tinstar's idea. Or make some. Capping a small hose seems easy.

found this part #:14066301
They will work.

Last edited:

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

Rick,
We do not list anything through NAPA or even our AC DelcoSupplier

Looks like an after market item at this point. Go with Tinstar's idea. Or make some. Capping a small hose seems easy.

found this part #:14066301
They will work.
Thank you. Found a ton of listings.

dependable

The German, cloth coated return lines are good. Any place that sells parts for old Mercedes will have them too. For an end cap, you can take a short section of return line and use a sheet metal screw or similar to plug the open end, maybe add some gasket goop to the thread.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

Got it running again leak free. Headed home and started to lose throttle response. Put more fuel in it and still no crank. With the 6.2, is there a manual way to prime the fuel system?