• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel rail leak

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever replaced the lift pump or fuel filter?
Replaced all the old rubber fuel lines?
Added anything in tank to help get rid of any water?
Fuel sock?

Some guys have bypassed everything and just ran a line from fuel jug to the IP to get it started.

Some background on your truck and what you’ve done, or not done, besides that leak, is needed.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

Have you ever replaced the lift pump or fuel filter?
Replaced all the old rubber fuel lines?
Added anything in tank to help get rid of any water?
Fuel sock?

Some guys have bypassed everything and just ran a line from fuel jug to the IP to get it started.

Some background on your truck and what you’ve done, or not done, besides that leak, is needed.
Ended up priming it using the pump under hood. Lift pump is newish, fuel filter is okay but will be replaced soon. Soon all the hoses will be replaced. Basically ran it dry cause my fuel guage/or float isn't reading accurately below 1/3 tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cucvrus

If it were mine. I would do the extra work and drop the fuel tank. the fuel pick up sock needs changed and the fuel tank I am sure could use a good cleaning and a coat of paint. May as well change the sending unit if it not functioning properly. Time to go the extra mile and do the job right the first time. Replace all the nuts and bolts and get some never seize on the fasteners. Good Luck. Report back.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

If it were mine. I would do the extra work and drop the fuel tank. the fuel pick up sock needs changed and the fuel tank I am sure could use a good cleaning and a coat of paint. May as well change the sending unit if it not functioning properly. Time to go the extra mile and do the job right the first time. Replace all the nuts and bolts and get some never seize on the fasteners. Good Luck. Report back.
Good ole Never Sleaze. That's the plan. Just gotta make sure I don't have 31 gallons of diesel in the tank when dropping it haha. Any good places to get sending units and fuel pick up sock?

cucvrus

I bought the A C Delco sock /sending unit at Autozone. I have a shop tell me to delete that sock and pick up dirt in the filter. Sounds a bit logical. I put one in anyway. Just get new 7/16" nuts for the straps and new 3/8" bolts for the skid plate. Use new. You will fight the olds off and then scrap them and use new ones to reinstall.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

I bought the A C Delco sock /sending unit at Autozone. I have a shop tell me to delete that sock and pick up dirt in the filter. Sounds a bit logical. I put one in anyway. Just get new 7/16" nuts for the straps and new 3/8" bolts for the skid plate. Use new. You will fight the olds off and then scrap them and use new ones to reinstall.
Thank you sir. Ill post an update when working. Do you know how many bolts there are? Would rather have the hardware prior to dropping the tank.