• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel selonoid

kipman

I a normally posting on the deuce thread, but have a question about my 1009, what would happen if the fuel selonoid was bad? no fuel past the filter? My truck is sitting a wright pat, tried to start it, bled the system but could not get fuel to the motor, any Ideas?

diesel583

The fuel solenoid is in the top of the injection pump, it gets power from the pink wire. If it is bad you will get fuel to the center of the distributor head but not to the injectors. This time of year check for jelled fuel or frozen lines (water)

kipman

Thanks, I might have asked the wrong queston, the item in question is on the filter base, has a button with two wires off it.

m38inmaine

One of the items on the filter is a heater, I think that one is on top, the others are water in fuel sensors. Try bleeding the filter first.

kipman

I did not know you had any towbars Gimp, thanks for the offer, Roger said he will tow it back to his yard next week when he picks up a couple of trucks, Roger thinks he can start it, fuel pump is ok got fuel at filter with filter off, and yes new filter. going to try pressure in the tank. I think it has sat for some time.