• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel sending unit

Emmett

Just a tidbit of info.
I needed a fuel tank sending unit for the Goat as mine was TU.
If you take a M151 sending unit and swap out the float it will work. Took about 5 minutes and now I have an operating fuel gauge.

Gamagoat1

The fuel sending unit that was installed by ConDec was the unit out of an M-38. The brake shoes are from a M-715, the inst. cluster is from a m151 etc. etc. etc....

Last edited:

Emmett

The P/N's for the M38 fuel sending unit does not match the M561's P/N, at least in my parts manuals.
The 715's brake shoe lining kit does match up and so does the instrument cluster for the 151.
Of corse, we all know about the standard M series things like lights, guages and such.

It would be nice to know what the etc,etc's are though. Things useful like U joints, tie rod ends, A frame bushings, and other "wear out" parts. If anyone knows of of things like that, I for one would like to know. I was simply attempting to inform about things I found out by accident and compairing with the other vehicles I own.

Gamagoat1

Emmett,
The part # on the M38 sender is different but the unit is the same. There must be something diff but don't know what. Some had a brass float and some are cork. Maybe that accounts for the diff part #. I've had one in mine for about ten years now and it's works great.
If you'll check Home of the Gama Goat I think you'll find that most of the u joints, if not all, have been addressed. The rest except, for the normal M series parts and light bulbs, are pretty much Goat.