• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel shut off on M977

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your going to see this attached to another post sorry about that it was my mistake!!
Here is the reason I am asking for thoughts! I replaced the thermostats on my 88 M977 and all the cooling lines and all went well replaced all the hoses since I was in that deep also. Well everything is done the cooling system is full and I go to shut the truck off and it wont shut down, I see my ammeter move when I hit the shut down switch but the motor keeps on running. On top the engine attached to the right thermostat housing there is a can looking solenoid that pulls a rod that goes across the engine to about the middle of it and it attaches to part of the throttle, its NOT activating, I know its getting power by movement on the ammeter but no movement. I disconnected it and shut the engine down moving the rod by hand.
This can looking fuel shutoff, is it a problem item, is it a repairable part or is it a replacement item? I am going to remove it tomorrow and tear into it and see whats going on. Any thoughts prior to that would sure be appreciated!

Thanks Much
Karl

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As far as I remember, it is can not be rebuilt, the shut down solenoid should be a standard DD 24v part that can be gotten at almost any big truck or big equipment shop, or maybe even NAPA.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much m819 this morning I took it off and found that 2 of the 3 retaining bolts (very small) that go in the end to retain that to the rest of the body were out, I found one of them laying down by the supercharger and made another one they 8-32 threads. This cap has been loose for awhile because it was dirty and just plain weathered looking inside. I cleaned it all up put it back together and tested and all checked out. I just got back into the house after putting this all back on and all seem good in M977 Land once again!
Thanks for your help folks

Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks