• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Shutoff Cable _ How to Free It

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the bad fuel return line on the wrecker(M543A2) and no more leaks, pulled the fuel shutoff handle, no movement at all! Had to climb on the fender and reach down an pull the shutoff at the IP, not a situation I like! Does anyone have a good fix for loosening the cable in the metal sheath it is supposed to pass back and forth in? I have given it a shot of Kroil Oil and no difference after 24 hours!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey rumplecat that handle should be no different than all the other ones on our trucks. First disconnect it from the IP and insure that things are lose on the IP end of things then its a matter of putting oil down the sleeve that the wire rides in and keep moving it till it moves freely, it may be necessary to remove the unit and while your putting lubricant inside keep flexing the unit, bending it and flexing until you get the inside wire moving freely. Once that is accomplished then pull the wire out of the sleeve and hose it out with a can of JB80 until its clear coming out the other end, lube it with a thin coat of oil and reassemble. If that doesnt do it you may need to replace it although I have never had to go to that length!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks