• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel shutoff stuck like chuck!!!

Sth73444

Alright after reading the stickies and going threw the forums and blah blah blah I decided to check my fuel shutoff and start removing my HH due to no start. I got all the lines unhooked and went to start removing the fuel shut off. Took the cover off with the 2 bolts. Found that the tab was stuck in the 5 o clock position. I've tried forcing it back over and it won't budge. I loosened off the 2 tie wired screws and still nothing! The rod won't move either direction

TsgtB

I wouldn't try to force it to move, the little tip on the end could get lost.
I'd say spray it down with some carb cleaner and/or some PB Blaster and let it sit overnight.
Good Luck with it, they can get pretty gunked up.

uriss

Found using a gun solvent labeled CLP that stuff works on anything. Last used, I sprayed it into an outboard fuel line and it freed everything right up. Great on rusted bolts, lug nuts etc. "Try it you'll like it" (Mikey)

Sth73444

I ended up just pulling the plunger out to verify if the rod was stuck or if the plunger was hung up. Sure enough the plunger was hung up. Luckily I got a spare junk engine sitting here. Remove the plunger out of if and got it out back in. I'm the process of putting everything else together rite now. Will have a progress report later this evening. I've had this truck for almost a month now and it's killing me that I haven't got it running yet!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I have had one that was so bad that after removing the control assembly and the nut that holds the shaft, hitting it with a hammer would not free up. This was a spare that I did not need so I did not worry about getting it freed up. You can try any or all above but if you have to go as far as taking it apart just be sure to get it back as it was. There was an OP that had a truck where the fuel control was put together backwards ( pin facing to the rear) and it went to full rpm on start up. ( throttle control reversed).
Just note or take pics of control and the correct pin placement and the degrees of the pin to control assembly. 87* if I remember right.

Last edited: