• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Supply Pump GPM? (Pump Located on IP)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am just curious, but does anybody know what the GPM is of the Fuel Supply Pump at rated engine speed? I am talking about the mechanical driven pump on the injection pump. Out of all the specs I see in the manuals, I have never came across this specification. So this pump would also pump roughly the same GPM back through the return line to the tank (minus what the engine uses).

rustystud

What is wrong with this site lately ? Every time I come on here I have to hit refresh on every page or I get yesterdays posts, and when I try and edit a post I cannot ! I tried to delete the extra picture and it went and became a attached thumbnail twice ! This site is very frustrating to use !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Rusty, I think once in a while you need to sign out to clear your cookies. Thats what I do and it seems to fix my issues.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still do not see where it says what the fuel pump flow is in GPH or GPM. Max fuel pressure is 80 PSI though, I understand that part. I'm surprised its not listed in the TM... at least I cant find it.

rustystud

I still do not see where it says what the fuel pump flow is in GPH or GPM. Max fuel pressure is 80 PSI though, I understand that part. I'm surprised its not listed in the TM... at least I cant find it.
In the attachment I posted, it has a chart of different speeds and the pressures that should correspond with that speed, (chart 3-10 ). It is to verify the pump is working properly.

rustystud

My bad, I didn't realize you wanted "flow rate" . The manuals don't seem to provide that. I believe since all the fuel lines are 3/8" if your pressure is OK then your flow rate would also be OK. The only thing I found was if your fuel filters have a difference of 3psi between them then your filters are bad and need replacing.
Sorry I couldn't help Wildchild :(

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is OK Rusty, I appreciate your time.I was toying with the idea of replacing the line from my primary filter to injection pump with a little larger diameter rubber hose and doing away with the copper line under the crossmemeber. I was thinking that that copper line blowing in the air would cool the fuel down in the colder months and make it harder to pull the WMO fuel. I did some injection pump work the other day so that is what made me think of it. That way it would be once piece of hose instead of the copper line going to the rubber line. It wouldn't cost much and be easy to change since I had the radiator off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks