• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel system oddity, can;t seem to get help from TM

RedneckMilenko

I know I may be blowing up the forum today but this has been bugging me for some time now but since she was running fine after hard starts I haven't been too concerned about it. My M1009 is missing a connector to some part of the fuel system that I just can't seem to find in the TM diagrams. There is a fuel line coming off the bottom of my fuel filter assembly that looks like it is supposed to T into the fuel supply line down near the bottom of the frame on the passenger side. Now the T is there but, it seems there was a cap put in place instead of the fitting to allow this other line to be connected. The line is just hanging there dripping diesel. It's always difficult to start if she's been sitting for more than just an hour or so but if I try to start soon after shutting it off I have no issues, cranks right up. I have a feeling this line not being connected is robbing me of fuel economy and is letting air into my fuel system. In the diagram included in this post the T is located at the end of the hose labled "16" does anyone know where I can get the correct fittings to fix this and what this part is actually called? Thank you for your time.

P.S. - I may be completly wrong about this whole thing but it makes sense when looking at it. I don't understand the purpose of that T fitting without adding another line to it.

Attachments

RedneckMilenko

The spin on filter is a rather attractive option to get rid of my problem all together but my 09 isn't my daily driver as of right now so not warning me about water in the fuel kinda worries me. plus with my fast-idle solenoid disconnected due to over revving because of a problem with the solenoid over the past summer I also wouldn't be very comfortable without the fuel heater aspect ether. Is it possible that is the water drain hose? If so, what is that T fitting doing there?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That hose is just a drain hose for when you drain the water from the filter. It connects to nothing.

It is your drain valve that is leaking.

RedneckMilenko

Is it possible for fuel to leak from that line as well? Because I've had diesel leaking from it for as long as I can remember. Not a heavy leak but theres drops coming out of it every time I go down there for something. I've just thought that the leak is worse as I'm driving it but kinda hard to tell from in the cab.. You know?

cpf240

Yes. It drains the filter of whatever is in the filter. Diesel floats on water, so if there is water in the fuel filter, the water will drain out first.

In any case, it is not unusual for that drain valve to leak. I believe the TMs say to replace the o-ring on it when replacing the fuel filter.

RedneckMilenko

Thank you for the help. I replaced the O-ring when replacing the filter but I guess it didn't seat correctly. She's probably due for a new filter by now anyway.

blackhueys

and if that leaks when your parked all your fuel in the filter leaks out thus causing you to have to re prime the system on every restart I had the same issue and eventually just went to spin on mod now she starts on no more then 2 tries, before I would have to crank for ever and ever till she would start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks