• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank access cover

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been looking for TM or MWO on the fuel tank access cover.. Anyone point me in the right direction or have measurements for cutout?? Thanks much

Ocho

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

part number 57K3529 matches the NSN listed above, instructions come in the kit to my understanding.

HummerPartsGuy has them in stock, on sale right now.

Also found one cheaper listed as new old stock on a site I've never looked at or dealt with before, so no idea if it comes complete or not, and not going to link it because I prefer HPG for stuff I want to get correct.

Wire Fox

There's instructions included in the official kit, 57K3529. I'm very surprised nobody has scanned and posted this. Unfortunately, I never got it either, because I had purchased a used take-off plate and had the other hardware already in my garage.

I used this information from Hummer Knowledge Base to guide my install. You ending up cutting a section right between the frame rails that are over top of the fuel tank sender, which is right between the rear seats. http://www.hummerknowledgebase.com/fuel/ftac.html

Klaeq

Coug & Wire: thank you both. This will help me from making a mistake. I got mine on an auction site as part of a fuel sender upgrade. Hopefully I can drop the tank this summer and get this done

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coug & Wire: thank you both. This will help me from making a mistake. I got mine on an auction site as part of a fuel sender upgrade. Hopefully I can drop the tank this summer and get this done
i do them all the time without dropping the tank...just don’t go deep with the cutting wheel...
use the panal as a template, the 4 holes drop almost exactly where rivets land.
the left and right cut can only go so far as there is a structural panel/beam in between the cutout.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks