• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank cap

tankie88

My fuel cap is loose even though the seal is nearly new it vibrates and falls off(good job it's on a captive chain).It says on the cap "non vented".I have put a 2nd seal on with the 1st one.Now the cap in nice and tight.The question is does it need to be vented??

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Negative. That is the correct cap. Non vented makes the cap watertight. Good for fording...
If you do not ford, it does not matter which cap you use.

ODdave

Eh, actually it does need to be vented. If it is not and the seal is good enough that air can not be drawn in you can starve the engine for fuel. Your cap should have a small arm on the underside to switch it from vented to non vented. As long as its in the non vented position the seal on the cap can be as tight as you want.

eagle4g63

The tank it self has a vent line that is run into the main vents on some and others it is run separate to the slober tube.....so if you have a NON-Vented cap you probably have a nice little 1/4" copper line that runs in to the side of your slober tube.

If you need pics of what to look for I will be glad to post them up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks