• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tank problems.

enfieldgene

I am working on my M885 and the fuel tank was speared by the dreaded forklift. what options do I have to fix or replace the tank? any help would be appreciated.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Normally you would have two options 1 fix it 2 replace it. I am guessing the hole is not small? and being it was speared from the outside inward it may be difficult to pound out and then weld a patch on it? It will be likely easiest to replace the tank, I can think they would be that expensive?

enfieldgene

NDT has a tank for me. I need to get time off to go get it. I want to do some sightseeing when I go. I looked all over the internet and could not find anyone who made the tank in plastic or steel. maybe someday they will but I don't think they do now.

Pntyrmvr

Polyethylene plastic is impossible to glue. It can be welded. Yup welded. Hit YouTube for examples.

Used tanks won't be around forever so we might as well get the welding option figured out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks