• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank removal question

Westex

Removing the fuel tank from my Deuce this afternoon......does anyone know if the rubber connector to the in tank fuel pump just comes off with a little prying? Talking about the electrical connector on top of the fuel tank, attached to the electric pump here.....

Westex

Thank you Westech! I'm going out to pry her off now. Yesterday was the fun part, being baptised in Diesel fuel and what not.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Careful there Westy, the fuel pump wire plug is a push on. Some people refer to the "cannon" plugs as military connectors. :wink:

Westech

CPL
you mean the tin twist and lock? I was thinking it was like mine and just the push on rubber. Im sure he could tell if it was tin.... If I'm way off help me out here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You were correct, I was just referring to this statement,
Its just like any other military connector on that truck.
There are several types of electrical connectors on the M series trucks.

Westex

Well guys, no worries, and still a thanks to both of you, I pulled the tank out hours ago; removed all the connections no prob; I had the rubber within rubber connectors, if you will. Tank came out just fine. My MAJOR worry now is that the bottom of the tank is like, lined with an ugly dose of rust. I kind of 'puckered up' when I went to just pick it up off of the tank supports (thinking it was heavy)....and it's not. Carried it over to my pickup truck and just set it in there for transport to the rad shop Monday. My worry is that if it's that light, can it really be salvaged/cleaned and coated. The radiator shop is confident; but I need a plan B: anyone know where you can buy a new/reman/hybrid/stainless/etc...tank?

Lex_Ordo

I went though this w/ mine.

Dave, at Eastern has them, OD Iron has them and Memphis and White Owl have them too.
I think that they are all New Repro, but you have to order from one of the above.
Check out New Star's Catalog page 85.
http://www.sandstruck.com/pdf/milcat2009.pdf

I bought an excellent take-off from a scrap yard that had some dueces, in NJ.
A quick Radiator service to steam it out, and it looked new.

Westex

I've searched the other sites, like OD, Memphis, and White Owl, but who is Eastern? Need a specific reference if possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks