• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Tank Sending Unit

DavidJBlythe

Thanks for the help Warthog. Unfortunately I'm not looking for stock parts or civilian replacement parts here. I'm trying to see if the 31 gallon sender from Spectra will work in with the 6.2 for the 31 gal tank. From what I've been seeing, they also did a 31 gallon gasser version, so I want to get the right 31 gal sender. I didnt see any posts on SS about it, mostly ones about stock 25-27 gal ones.

cpf240

I think I'm missing something. Why do you need a 31 gallon sending unit? I thought the M1009's tank was only 27 gallons? Is there a larger tank available?

DavidJBlythe

From what I'm reading on this site and the others, there were two tanks avail: 25 & 31. I've read here that the 27 gal number is actually the 25 gal tank capacity plus the space in the filler neck. The 31 gallon tank is rumored to directly replace the 25 gallon model using the appropriate 31 gallon tank straps and sending unit, and you can continue to use the skid plate. My truck is rusted in the rear end, the tank isn't perfect, and the sending unit doesn't work. For around $225 shipped, all the parts including the tank can be at your door via rockauto. I just want to make sure I don't order something that doesn't work! I like to come here for a sanity check before I spend money!

cpf240

Cool info, thanks! I had not read about different tanks, etc. Mine is in good shape, but should I need to replace it at some point, I'd like the extra capacity! Please post more on your progress!

I love this site, I'm always learning something new!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks