• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank "ticking" sound

Potluckslammy

A3, "ticking" sound coming from tank when running. Don't think my other one makes the same noise. Would say it's the fuel pump, but I don't yet understand how the fuel system works. I know the injectors are mechanical...so the in-tank pump and aux lift pump arrangement I'm familiar with don't seem to be necessary. If there is an in-tank pump, it doesn't run by powering the electrical system...so is there a cut-out that only lets it run when the engine is running? Apologies...I can come to an understanding of the fuel system with further reading...and, I know, the TM's! But I would, please, like some advice as to what/why it's making this noise. It's concerning!

Potluckslammy

No in tank fuel pump on A3's. The noise comes from check valve on the tank feed line.
Thank you so much for the reply! I recall reading the check valve being a source of headaches. Considering all the trash that came out during the fuel filter change yesterday, I believe checking it out should be tops in the list! Thanks again!

Reactions: HDN

dmetalmiki

Open the filler cap...fumble around inside.....Remove..the..'Time Bomb' thingy!...
juss' kidding..Check the Valve as mentioned previous.

• Haha
Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks