• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tank vent problem

4alaska

my 83 m109a3 is pulling a vacuum on the fuel tank when driving and i do not know if this normal or not since this is my first (not last ) deuce . after driving about 50 or 60 miles if you stop and try to remove the fuel cap it has alot of vac pulled on the tank . is there a vent i dont see ?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
should be a vent line on top of the tank along with a return line, I think the cap is vented also

Last edited:

tm america

Cap is non vented..the gas tank vent runs up to the firewall there is a breather cap on it pull the breather off drive it and see if that fixes it.. then you will know what you need to do to fix it

Flyingvan911

As far as I know my deuce's cap is not vented. The factory set up for the fuel tank vent is routed to the slobber tube. I can see there being a slight vacuum while driving but it sould even out at a stop. Your vent line might be plugged up. You might take it off and blow some air through it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks