• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel tank "weep" MEP-016b

seek

My Genny fuel tank has a damp appearance around the outer ring around the gas cap, its got 6-8 screws holding cap piece to tank and its in the area of the top 4 screws. Tank was filled with 3 gals when I started it first time and never refilled. No fuel got on the outside. It's run a total of hour and half.

So next day or so I noticed 3 rings of dampness around the piping on top of tank.

Batteries disconnected. I opened gas cap and shut again.

Few days later it seemed to be lighter/dryer

Few days later the rings look damp again maybe slightly larger but this time the dampness is also in an area around the drain on the bottom of the fuel tank.

The Genny is sitting on dollies and is sitting in my air conditioned basement.

I find no leaking fuel.

Should I put a blanket over it? Been brutally hot humid here. Or do I have something else going on?

Thank you

Isaac-1

I would not worry about it, diesel oil tends to show at the slightest weeping, it is not like gasoline which will evaporate into highly explosive fumes.

seek

I was also trying to figure out if it was related to temperature changes with it being inside. The fuel in a very cool environment, very hot 4 ft away and I am thinking its putting water in the fuel. It's not weeping anywhere else it could. No lines are affected. The areas that looked damp you really can't put a wrench to them to nudge them. There is a cork gasket under the ring that holds the fuel cap and it would make sense that the first time it got wet it would weep at first. No leaks I am very thankful for. I will keep an eye on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks