• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tanker

indy4x4fab

Banned
is there a fuel tanker versition of the m149a2 water buffalo? if not could a water buffalo be used as a fuel tanker? and could a m105 handle the weight of two 500 gal cube skid style tanks fully full of oil?

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have seen the older fiberglass Buffs converted to Waste Motor Oil trailers......never seen one haul fuel.......the new ones are stainless steel so unless the seals would be affected by the fuel you could prob do it.

The big issue would be weight.....diesel fuel weighs more than water.....and it would be top heavy......you could add more stability by dualing it out but I have heard there is axle bearing issues if you do that.

Putting a 600 gallon pod in a M105 is the best solution in my opinion.

If you can find one the dual wheeled jenny trailer (M200?) would be an option too.

panshark

DO NOT CHALLENGE THE WRECKERMAN!

He might be running a proprietary blend that would knock some city folk out for the night with just a sip or two.rofl

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In Viet Nam, we used a LOT of water trailers for fuel, trailer never complained, just went a-long for the ride

jasonjc

There is/are some fule trailers out there. I can think of the number but I have seen them on GL. They had a 5-600 gal tank and a pump and hose reel on front. Your best bet is a M200 trailer an a 600 fuel pod. The M149's are $$$ But if you do get a M149A2 for this please take off all the pluming that is on and send it to me. Thank you, I'm a M149A2 owner with a bare tank no pluming:cry:

jamesfrom180

In FL once you have over 550 gallon capacity in a tank I get involved. Alot of issues with bulk fuel and storage. Even the fun people from Washington get involved something about registered as terrorist targets.... Also even for private carriers I think DOT says something about trailers set up to haul flammable fluids. Ferro or Wreckerman could answer those I think. I just know that if your in my state and you have a fuel pod you have to permit it.

cruzinz28

I have a M107A2 Water Buffalo. It has a crank up landing gear and the Aluminum tank has baffeling built into it. I've pulled it apart to paint it. My intenstions where to convert it to a "Fuel Buffalo". Between having a diesel tractor and the Deuce I figured it would be nice to have fuel around instead of having to make trips to get 5 or 10 gallons at a time.

I'm sure the purist's will say, "Please don't covert it to a fuel trailer". Everything has a price tag if anyone wants to make an offer.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatevery you do, label it!

Yes, I believe over 550 gallons is the legal limit, after that you need placards, Hazmat insurance, etc etc, even for private use.

So they are correct, a 600 gallon pod would have to be placarded IF it was full. As long as you never fill it up, you would be ok.

The water buffalo's are 400 gallons, so you will be under the limit there.

Also if you run anything placarded, you have to have a CDL with Hazmat endorsements- even if you somehow get 600 gallons of fuel in the bed of a ford ranger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks