• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Treatment

Dock Rocker

I know this topic has been beaten to death in different sub forums but I am asking this specific to the hmmwv.

I have had a few different diesel engines over the years and some needed more lubrication in the fuel system than others.

I know the multi fuel guys just dump some ATF, 2stroke oil, or motor oil in but I don't think that's a great idea for a 6.2.

What if anything are you guys using as fuel treatment? I use my truck pretty regular so I don't think algae will be an issue but who knows.

What say the group?

nickd

I add a half quart of transmission fluid to a full tank of fuel. Trans fluid is a great cleaning agent and a high quality lubricant for the fuel pump.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standadyne makes there own additive, it's a Cetane booster and lubricant, something you won't get from ATF is the Cetane boost...kinda like octane booster for a gas engine.
i buy it by the case.....

papakb

I've used an addative called D2 for years. When I was first introduced to it I put the recommended dose into the tank and there was a noticable decrease in the sound of the fuel system operation.

DatGuyC

I add a half quart of transmission fluid to a full tank of fuel. Trans fluid is a great cleaning agent and a high quality lubricant for the fuel pump.
http://www.dieselbombers.com/alternative-fuels-additives-fluids/60627-using-atf-tank-2.html

Looks like some people say its fine, others say it doesn't do anything or could hurt your motor. I plan on running some 2 stroke oil in the tank since it was designed to lube and be burned. Its also cheaper than buying ATF.

http://www.dieselbombers.com/alternative-fuels-additives-fluids/953-2-stroke-oil-thread.html

Last edited: