• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel?

ctmustang

Use the search function as this has been covered around 290 times.:mrgreen: Turning up the fuel on the 6.2 is no easy task either but you will find the answers on a search.
CT

67_C-30

Use the search function as this has been covered around 290 times.:mrgreen: Turning up the fuel on the 6.2 is no easy task either but you will find the answers on a search.
CT

Turning up the fuel on a 6.2 is an easy task, IMO.

Some people take the top of the IP apart, and remove the fuel solenoid out and all that, but I've never done it that way. Here's a good write up on how to do it:

You turn up the fuel by taking off the small cover on the drivers side of the injection pump. It is very small, and has 2 screws holding it on. You will need to remove the throttle cable and bracket to see the cover. Once this cover is off, a little bit of fuel will spill into the engine valley. What you are looking for is a small 5/32" Allen screw under this cover that appears through a small access hole. The screw rotates as the engine rotates so you will need to have a large ratchet or breaker bar on the crank pulley nut to rotate the engine while you look for the screw to appear in the access hole. You will need a small flashlight and mirror to see this screw. At first it seemed like there wasn't enough room, I swore I would have to remove the intake manifold. It helps to have a buddy turn the crank while you watch for the screw, but I did it my myself, it just took a lot longer. It does help to remove the throttle cable bracket and detach the throttle cable from the injection pump. You may also have to move the throttle linkage to get to the access cover and fuel screw.
Once the screw is in sight use a good quality 5/32" allen wrench to turn it. To increase fueling, turn the screw clockwise. It helps to turn it in small increments. 1/8 of a turn should be the max on a stock 6.2. Once the screw has been turned put it all back together and enjoy.

TCUCV

I read on a post some where that you can buy an injection pump already turned up. Not sure where I read it or where it is to purchase. I'm not going to buy its nice to know where I can get a new one if need be. Where does everyone get their IP's?