• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuels sending unit and sock filter

kdaniels

My normally great running M1009 quit on me going down the road last week. Research on the forum has got me looking at the fuel sock in the tank. The sending unit started acting up about a year ago so this would seem to be a good time to replace the unit. . My local auto zone doesn't have much to offer and the ones I've found on the popular bidding site are not an exact make in the description.

Any idea where these can be purchased ? Any vendors on SS ?? THANKS for the info in advance...

Semper Fi !

keith

cucvrus

This one works. I have used them before. More than once. Comes with the fuel sock so I would give it a try. But stopping going down the road may be a lift pump. Check that also. Have you ever had the injection pump overhauled? Good Luck, Be Safe. Report Back.

kdaniels

This one works. I have used them before. More than once. Comes with the fuel sock so I would give it a try. But stopping going down the road may be a lift pump. Check that also. Have you ever had the injection pump overhauled? Good Luck, Be Safe. Report Back.
It had a strange pulsing in rpms on Start up but quit once the idle kicked down. I didn’t make but a 1/4 mile down the road when it stopped cold turkey under acceleration and just as it shifted into 2nd. Coasted to the side dead stick. It restarted with a little effort and quit again about 100 ft later.

The fuel pump , filter and injection pump are all original to the truck since I bought it. Truck has about 75k showing on the odometer. I’ve got a buddy coming by Monday to help me trouble shoot the fuel delivery issue To see if fuel is leaving the tank.

My local auto zone hires people who know only what that computer screen tells them. Not much help unless you need a water pump for a 2015 F150....and even then double check them.

Will update as I get deeper into the issue.

Semper Fi

keith

cucvrus

I listed the CORRECT PUMP above. Accept no substitutes. This is the only one that will work. They list 2. The ABOVE IS CORRECT.

This is the INCORRECT PUMP. Do not install this pump. It will fit but will NOT pump fuel. I have been down this road. I contacted Autozone and Delphi. The first one I listed is the CORRECT one. Make sure you look at it. The suction will begin immediately upon compression of the lever on the CORRECT pump. The INCORRECT has free play and the suction will begin deeper into the compression cycle. The 6.2 does not have an eccentric large enough to compress the incorrect pump. Good Luck. You can see the difference in the pump lever arm. Be Safe.

kdaniels

Pump installed today. I learned a few lessons and found that the left pump bolt is a pain with the tight clearance around the manifold. Good info you past along on the pump. I double checked
to make sure I got the correct one. I think the one I took off was original to the truck.

I compressed the lever once I got it out and it sprayed the remaining fuel out so I don’t know if the pump just quit or was weak. I’m saving the old one just to be safe. Will do a follow up post on bleeding the lines and the new filter tmr.

Semper Fi

keith

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks