• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Full ins coverage on M1009?

jvrotter

For anyboby that has collision, comp on their CUCV, I'm wondering what kinda value they would give if the vehicle was totaled or stolen? Not sure what bluebook value is, but if I had to replace my M1009 it would cost me at least $3000. Knowing insurance companies, they would never give me that much. Reason for the question is I wondering if its worth getting comp and collision as it would add another $300 plus to my yearly bill.

AMX

The general rule of thmb for collision/comprehensive coverage is : If it cost 10% or more (of your vehicles value) anually, then you should pass on it. Just a rule of thumb.

Woodsman

I believe you can ask your agent to put a special rider (I think that's the term) on the vehicle to insure it for what you want, within reason. I'm in the process of trying to pick up a M1009 and asked an agent for a quote. Told him to value it at $15K as it would be a restored retired MV. Full coverage and Comprehensive for the truck and a crotch rocket was just over $1K annual. Since receiving this quote from him he has said he has some questions, which probably means he has spent some time researching the vehicle more and is probably wondering why an approx. 30 year old truck is worth $15K. Will have to see what he comes back with when I talk to him this week.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyboby that has collision, comp on their CUCV, I'm wondering what kinda value they would give if the vehicle was totaled or stolen? Not sure what bluebook value is, but if I had to replace my M1009 it would cost me at least $3000. Knowing insurance companies, they would never give me that much. Reason for the question is I wondering if its worth getting comp and collision as it would add another $300 plus to my yearly bill.
I have full coverage through USAA on my M1009. It costs an extra $96 per year with $500 deductable and I paid way more than $3K for mine...

If you didn't drive a lot (like 2K miles or less per year), you could get "stated value" from classic car insurers, but again - that works ONLY if your CUCV is NOT a daily driver.

If a "daily driver", you need to talk to your agent and ask the "what if" question: "If my CUCV got totaled today, what would be the payout?"

cucv1833

I believe you can ask your agent to put a special rider (I think that's the term) on the vehicle to insure it for what you want, within reason. I'm in the process of trying to pick up a M1009 and asked an agent for a quote. Told him to value it at $15K as it would be a restored retired MV. Full coverage and Comprehensive for the truck and a crotch rocket was just over $1K annual. Since receiving this quote from him he has said he has some questions, which probably means he has spent some time researching the vehicle more and is probably wondering why an approx. 30 year old truck is worth $15K. Will have to see what he comes back with when I talk to him this week.

You should be able to put some kind of cap on it expecially if you keep your receipts. i would like to get my m1009 insured for $5K and pay a monthy bill.
I did that for my 2009 HD street glide its insured for $32K. Now im paying liablity on my M1008 its around $30 a month Good luck

Smokinyoda

My state farm agent wrote me a policy with stated replacement value at $5000 on my M1009. Only costs me $7.50/month - limited use. No mileage restrictions, just can't be daily driver.

My bobbed deuce has a replacement value of $10,000 and I pay $70/every six months for same limited use policy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks