• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fullsize single axle deuce

twiztedmetal

hello guys, new to forum. I have looked every where online and used the search feature, and have came up with nothing on this subject. Just wondering, have any of you ran a single rear axle on your deuce with the full size bed, not cut down. If so i would like to see pictures, i think it would be cool looking to retain the original bed and run singles on a single axle. Thanks guys LOVE THE SITE

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been talked about before. You might have to try using different key words to find the thread your looking for. I know I have seen a thread about it. I'll try looking.

twiztedmetal

Thanks i have looked every where and searched for hours on the forum and have came up short every time. i would just like to see a few pics or talk to someone who has done it before i start the project, drive shaft is my main concern, just wondering how others have done it.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thread I saw had a mud truck video on YouTube and for a few seconds in that video it showed a full-size 4x4 deuce.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck hails out of Jupiter Fl. The owner has a gym near me and the truck sits outside for advertising. One day I'll take some pics. It looks well proportioned.

goldwing2000

Banned
That truck looks great. Just remember it's weight capacity is lower.
Depends on what springs and tires you use for the conversion. If you were to use M200 springs and super singles, it would probably retain the weight capacity. I know my 15.5/80-20s have a max capacity of 12,000lb each.

The thing has got to have the turning radius of a battleship, though.

treeguy

I had asked about this same thing a while back. One of the drawbacks is whats called break angle. This would be like driving over such a hump that it would bottom out under the truck. It looks like the FL truck may have overcome this issue by removing the spare tire and by moving the rear axle forward to create a shorter span to hang up on. The larger tires will help, but the tool box/step, battery box and fuel tank would be the issues if one didn't change what I just mentioned. Besides that the truck looks good, even if it seems to be missing something. I bet its easier to turn, much like a bober' seeing as its not dragging the 2nd axle!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks