• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fun with BIGGER tires ........... ?

CanadaDeuce

well Its Sunday day of rest so after scanning the pages here on the Deuce forum, I see alot of interest with bigger tires , singled out trucks and flipped hubs, OK Ill admit Im gonna do it to one day as the look is out of this world :shock:

BUT here is a question ........ now lets say a guy has a M105 trailer and lets say 395/85/20 tires or 14x20's or something like this on his singled Deuce anyone ever tried to put matching tires and rims on a M105 ?

I know sounds silly but hey if the Decue get a mod why not the trailer to match as I can only imagine what this would look like.

well I would think a fender trimming or something would be needed as Im sure something would rub, maybe a lift kit or maybe hub work ?, either way think about this for just a moment .......... ya have to admit it would look killer !

enjoy Spring, Im sure its somewhere, and yes the snow is melting today after out dumpin of snow on Sat :wink:

CanadaDeuce

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a trailer a while back on ebay with the 395s. Can't speak to what needs to be done but we will all learn here before too long. One of our members is about to embark on just this task.

HeadWizard

I've been planning on doing that exact thing. Heed to figure a way to get some matching wheels and the 16 - 20's shouldn't be a problem.

Since it's a bobbed truck, should I bob the trailer? Or maybe just use an M332?

The raised truck and trailer would be cool for parades and displays.

chevycrew

The trailer currently matches the truck in a hubs out configuration. Im betting the tire would rub on the fender lip. So either a lift, or opening up the fender would be required.

When I get my tires mounted Ill throw one on to get a picture.

Alredneck

Banned
yea theres a thread somewhere on here with a guy that has on with a duece with 395s on it and his 105 also but it has usa6x6 rims with 395 tires. i dont know how tolook stuff up and attach it on here so tough! But it in here somewhere this year i think right before i did the tires on my truck. Good luck Captain

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The M322 would not have any problem with fender clearance...lol I still have to make them for mine to pass inspection. Right now it just sits holding a welder. I think it would look great with big meats with such a small trailer.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CanadaDeuce said:
BUT here is a question ........ now lets say a guy has a M105 trailer and lets say 395/85/20 tires or 14x20's or something like this on his singled Deuce anyone ever tried to put matching tires and rims on a M105 ?.......
CanadaDeuce
I have had 1100s on my M105 since day one. Now matches the deuce with single style wheels also....

Jimma

I was planning on trying bigger tires on my M105. Has anyone done it. If so post some pictures. I was thinking about throwing some 395's under it if they would fit.

emr

of course they will work, and i am also the type that matches trailer tires. when possible, for sure on the sizes u want , would look silly any other way

flyxpl

I plan on putting some 14.5 tires off of my A3 on a 105 trailer . A little shorter than a 395 so hopefully I will have decent clearance .