• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Funny Idea

Loose Deuce

I think I will try and find a used Boat Prop and mount it to that rear flange on the rear axle housing, just for fun [:)] Tell people that dont know any better or realize a Deuce wont float, that it will cross rivers and such,hee hee. [^] [^] [^]

Rattlehead

I was thinking the same thing, but then thought it might be more exciting to put a round spiral design on it. See how many idiots you have to peel off the back of your truck [:)]

SixBuy

Sounds to me like there may be a market for those chrome freewheelin' hubcaps to fit 20" rims... Maybe some spring-loaded O/D chickens for the dashboard?

n3uka

And i thought i was going to be the first with spinners on my deuce. :lol:
Post some pics if you put the prop on. It would make most wonder :confused:

bomar76

A friend suggested fabricating free spinners from galvanized garbage can lids for our deuce :lol:

I think neon ground effects lighting would top it all off :)

Wonder if "Pimp My Ride" would be interested in tricking out a deuce? :p

Rattlehead

The sad thing is, there are already car rims as big as the deuces (20") for pimpin out a car.
Lower the deuce, and put some 35 series tires on it? LOL! Might as well fill the bed up with subwoofers, too.

Deuce-bigalo

Yeah, we could start a spin off show that MTV runs, sponser it by Steel Soldiers and call it 'PIMP MY DEUCE"!!!! LMAO

John

Deuce-bigalo

Yeah, that or that guy Stacey from the show 'Trucks!' on Spike TV - He has some done AWSOME things to Blazers, Ram Pickups, old Bronco's and the Copperhead project was WAY sweet!

If you miss a series called 'PowerBlock' on the weekends (Mmmmmmm, Danica Patrick) check it out, every gear heads 3 hours of 30 min shows!!

John

n3uka

I actually have a custom shop near me begging to play with my truck.
I told them i would bring it by after aberdeen and see what they say.

I want remote locks, and they where talking about video cameras and tv's
trick paint, etc.

If they are willing to pay I will be glad to drive it with there name on it.
But I am sure they have no idea what they are getting into.:devil:

tm america

:roll:i would throw some green neons on it so it looks like its floating in od heaven going down the road .i have a iron maiden looking mummy i stick in my truck at holloween and put green neons in and under it with a smoke machine really cool effect,.i thought about running them all the time.20s are small now they have 40s out there now they run them on cars they look like they could run a deuce over if the tire doesnt fall off first

rlwm211

Maybe you could flip the scenario....

take a cool street cruiser, and apply a little OD magic to it.

Military Tires, paint, seating and of course a convertible top.

Make a really slick ride into a proper O.D. RIDE

RL

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but I had to share since several of the posts joked about spinner wheels on the deuce.

Last year (2008,) sometime, I was driving down the highway with the wife, and we passed a semi with spinners on it, so someone out there must be crazy enough to retrofit them to duals!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:evil: First person to post a link to 20" spinner hubcaps, get a 3 day ban! :razz:

Just kidding!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh thats just...just.. :cookoo: And dont even start on hydraulic shocks, all though it would be interesting (and scary) to see 12K lbs of steel rocking back and forth on the freeway. Its a sure thing traffic wont tailgate! :p