• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Funny looking headlight arrangement...

emr

ida34 said:
All the low headlight trucks I have seen had the electric horn. Cause or not that is what I have seen in my experience.
My 67 has the electric horn and it is below the headlights, the horn makes no difference, where the headlights are. One see's more low lights with electric horns because there are more upper lights with air horns a later desig like the upper headlights are a later design to keep everything the same. , so the middle trucks that came with upper headlights and had electric horns like mine have the horn below it,then were upgraded with air horns many that were retained the elactric horn and just had the wires cut. the horn is to small to make any difference...randy

ida34

ida34 said:
All the low headlight trucks I have seen had the electric horn. Cause or not that is what I have seen in my experience.
Sorry Randy but your statement can't change the fact that all the electric horn trucks I have seen have had the low mount headlights. I initially said that I thought it had something to do with it then when you said it did not I just followed with the above statement. I am not saying you are wrong.

Past a certain point all were high light trucks and they were not flippable. I don't think low headlights are an option on a 67 unless you swap in older parts. It may be only the gasser trucks are flippable but the newer trucks are not. I am not saying this is absolute David Doyle fact. It is just what I have picked up over the years. I would have thought that a 67 would have had an air horn but you have one with electric so electric must have been an option.