• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Funny work stories

Army Ed

Ok well i was at work(military Amsa shop) and i get a hummer to work on.Needed a Muffler and cross over pipe.So i look and there it is the muffler had rotteed out right at the cross over so it was hangin a little bit.I get all the pieces ready to install crawl underneath and to my amazment.The unit had drivin it like this for a while.The broke pipe was angled at the fuel tank and melted the whole corner so bad that it melted ALL vent lines completly off...lol...So now i have to do an exhaust and a damn fuel tank and all vent lines.,...lol..stupid truck drivers alwas messin these things up..

Sorry had to vent it out..lol

Barrman

Probably has a full tank of fuel too, right?

About the funniest work story I can tell here is this:

I am an Auto Tech teacher for a state run school for convicted jouvenile offenders. One of my slower students was having trouble with some of the book work. Especially the question about internal combustion. I had gone over this with the student repeatedly. Finally, I pointed to a small block 350 sitting on a stand some other students had just assembled and painted before it went into Pistolnut's M715. I asked the student if that was an internal combustion engine.

He got up, walked around it, looked it over, touched it and then turned to me. "This engine is so clean, there ain't no bustin' going on inside it."

Sometimes it is the simple things that prevent learning was what I learned from that.