• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuse box has no power

jeepoyta

I have an 1986 m1008.Most of the fuse box has no power.I have checked every fusible link that i can find under the hood and all have power on both sides.I have replaced every fuse in the fuse box.new head light switch.I have cleaned every ground that i can find on the truck.I have tried the black out switch.It has no power to it.I did replace a battery because it was cracked and leaking.I don't know much about the electric but I am learning alot.Let me know if anyone has an idea of what is wrong.

jeepoyta

well I found out that some of new fuses I put in are bad.I now have allmost everything working now.I got to get some more fuses.I hope this will fix everything.I replaced the fuses after I had no lights.So it was an easy fix in the end or atleast I hope so.Not everything works yet.Brake lights still don't work but I think I know what all is wrong with them.

K9Vic

Good to hear your figured it out. The brake like is likely the switch is bad or out of position to the brake pedal.

Myself and others will highly suggest you do not use fuses from Harbor Freight, or any cheap Chinese fuses. Spend the money and get quality ones from your auto parts store. Those cheap ones exactly that, cheap and can fail or not work at all. Plus there is always a chance it will not blow when it should.

jeepoyta

I buy all my parts from the local part stores but even then you can get bad parts sometimes.I did check the brake switch and it is bad.I check it for power and it did not have any coming into it so it mite more then just the switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks