• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuses? We Don't Need no Stinking Fuses!

Guyfang

Staff member
I went to fix a crane one day. only 30 meters tall, not a big one. The Cat would not run along the arm, in the fast speed. Went to the cabinet to pull the porcelain fuse, so I could fool with the motor, and found that the fuse was blown. The little round fuse link, had popped out of the fuse. Then I looked at the rest of the fuses. All popped. But everything was working. Screwed out a fuse, and low and behold, a 1 mark piece was stuck in the fuse holder. All the fuses were "Fixed" with a 1 mark piece. I turned off the power at the D-Box and pulled out all the marks, and screwed in new fuses, and left 2 boxes of ten behind. I also got to go home 21 marks richer.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spotted this in a listing for a 1943 M5 Generator on CL. :eek:
View attachment 892614
That looks like a 30 amp fuse not a 25 so might be out of spec some, like infinity out of spec. My grandmother used to stick pennies under the turn in style fuses at her house when she had a party just so all the lights would stay on all night...I never understood what or why she'd do that until I got older and understood lights were more important than burning the house down with everyone in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks