• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fusible links?

tsmall07

So I finally got my truck going the other day and I've been getting it ready for inspection. I was wiring up the horn today (not the stock way) and all of the sudden I lost all the power to my fuse block (which my new electric fuel pump is running through). The only thing I can figure is that I fried a fusible link somewhere. Anyone know where they are?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is more than one fusible link. Look in the back of the -20 for the schematics. You can find them all there.

Crash_AF

If ALL of the 12V power is gone, you probably popped the main fusible link that is in the line from the battery to the diamond shaped junction block above the master cylinder.

Later,
Joe

tsmall07

So it turns out the circuit I tied into for the fuel pump was controled by the blackout switch. I accidentally flipped the switch so no fuel pump... I spent several hours undoing everything I had done and then I figured it out. Sometimes I feel like a moron. :roll:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the follow up. At least you figured it out. :wink:

tsmall07

I fixed a few things that needed to be done from the PO's work. This truck has so much hacked wiring it isn't funny. I think I have fixed all the major fire hazards. I found a wire today that was strung loosely along the frame and the insulation had been melted by the exhaust. I really need to get the truck next to a stock one so I can really figure out what is supposed to be there and what isn't. The PO even tapped into a fusible link for power to something and he almost never used wire connectors. Most of the joints were twisted and taped. :roll:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The blue wire is a fusable link. The outer housing is compromised. It may still conduct electricty but needs to be replaced.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, If you do need to replace a fusible link, Napa has the wire in small coils and you can just cut and splice it in with butt splices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks