• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fv 432

8up

hi where can i buy a fv432 with a turret? it doesn't matter what country i but it in, i just cant find a place that sells them with a turret. also can they be made road legal? thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tanks and other tracked vehicles aren't "road legal" per se, they can be driven on the road with rubber-footed tracks, but you'll probably still need to notify your local police force that you would like to drive the vehicle on the roads around your place. Worst they can say is no, and they probably will. However, if you live in the backcountry, and have a lot of small roads to yourself, you can probably have a little fun now and then.

Armor is a wealthy man's hobby, and wealthy men usually have land, and lots of it, to play on. If you have lots of land, chances are that's where you'll be using your toys! :)

As far as the turreted model, I haven't seen one for sale for a long time. Keep your eyes on the regular suspects, such as Welcome to MOD Sales Online - Military Vehicles for Sale, www.armyjeeps.net, and Military Vehicles Jeeps Tanks Militaria, all ex Military equipment.

PorscheTech911

Here is one, not sure if it's what you want exactly: Military vehicles, militaria and military classifieds You might try MILWEB: Military Vehicle and Militaria Classifieds as British collectors post here more often. I'm not sure where you live, but in the USA you cannot make a tank road legal.

You must do like maddawg308 said and notify your local police force you are moving a large tracked vehicle a short distance. You may need a permit as well. In the UK you can have a road legal vehicle with an H license which involves an inspector coming to your property and testing you and the vehicle. There are some folks offering lessons and help with getting that license.

Welcome to the site! Keep kicking those tracks :-D

dctrack44

I have 2 432 FVs one in which has been taged and lic for the state of Oklahoma. little trouble but not bad. I usually make a call to the local police before I travel and I am
sure they like it when I do. worst thing about 432 you set on the wrong side to drive.
takes little to get use to it but Tank commander is a must help in driving.
Very fun

M920

I have 2 432 FVs one in which has been taged and lic for the state of Oklahoma. little trouble but not bad. I usually make a call to the local police before I travel and I am
sure they like it when I do. worst thing about 432 you set on the wrong side to drive.
takes little to get use to it but Tank commander is a must help in driving.
Very fun
If you don't mind me asking.....did you buy them from Pat at Khaki Corps in Tulsa?
I just bought a FV432 mk2/1 from him and like to make some connections with other owners....

Thanks Soni

8up

If you don't mind me asking.....did you buy them from Pat at Khaki Corps in Tulsa?
I just bought a FV432 mk2/1 from him and like to make some connections with other owners....

Thanks Soni
could you tell me how much you paid for your fv432? just so i can get an idea.

dctrack44

of course a guy is at the mercy of the EURO but under 20k including shipping to the U.S. Marcus GLen refurbs them before they leave and makes sure dirt and other transporting
problems are solved. Very happy with both tracks. There is a lot of word on the street that oversea armour maybe coming to an end. If a guy could buy close to home and the price is
close you will save yourself 9 months of waiting

B3.3T

Road legal depends upon the state. Some DO permit licensing tracked vehicles as stated. You want a turret model, well there are two types. The Peak turret mounts a single GPMG. The other is the Alvis "Fox" turret mounting a 30mm RADEN and GPMG. Both are around in the US, but if you want too import, Marcus Glenn is a SOLID, and TRUSTWORTHY gentleman. He will treat you right.
www,marcusglenn.com