• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FV432 TWO years of saving I finally bought it...

Carlo

After saving for 2 years and looking all over europe I bought my first tracked MV. I have heard pros and cons to the 432 but its the only APC in my price range. Lets hope for the best!GE fridge 001.jpgGE fridge 003.jpgGE fridge 006.jpgGE fridge 007.jpg

3dAngus

Good Gosh! If you can save enough money in two years to buy a GEM like that, I need to come over there to work.

That one is a beauty! And she seems to be well equipped. Can you tell us know nothings more about it? Does it run? Top speed. Motor? Legal to drive on streets there? Intended purpose?

Congratulations on a buy of a lifetime. I'm jealous!

Carlo

Thanks to all!
The English do things a little different. Instead of buying a motor in production they had rolls Royce make one for them. It sounds like a Detroit cause it is a 2 stroke but that's where it stops! It has TWO crankshafts! To do any and I mean any work on the motor you must remove it. Trans is Allison. That's a plus.
I will use it for film work and weddings. My hobby must pay for itself.
Thanks again

Carlo

IMG_1917[1].jpgWell I have made my first run down to the mini market with the APC and the kids. People here have forgot what its like to see amour on the road. I remember seeing US Army M60's in convoy on the autostrade many many years ago and not to forget germany. 30 years ago passing through Germany you would see not one convoy but 10 different every trip! I miss seeing this. I miss feeling secure that these forces are practicing to defend the people.
OH I also picked up another M923A2. This one is nice. I do have concerns about the alternator. It pegged the gauge when I started her up the first time. Then I shut it off and restarted her and the guage returned to normal. I felt the alternator and it was hot. Im going to see if the other 923A2 is the same temp.
Other photos are coming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks