• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fv432

L999here

...up-dates....?

Hey m880....updates for the earlier FV432's..? Last manual I have is one from 1971 for my 1965 FZV432. Last update was 1984,according to the data plate. Mine is a gas Rolls-Royce model,would certainly like to obtain a newer manual that would deal with the up-dates. Email to follow....

Yohan

m880 Unimog,

Thanks for chiming in. There is at least a couple old-school dealers of British Armour left in the UK that we deal with at Track-Kickers. I haven't had the pleasure of chatting with anone who served on the 432 or variants. I prolly spent more time drinking cold beer and smoking cigars in the back of mine than I did driving it, but it was a blast to go cruising with. Cheers! :beer:

m880 unimog

well,cold beer is mostly what these babies are made for these days-i dont smoke cigars,but have been known to smoke the odd tire...

the latest info i can find on these beerwagons is an update to the instructors manual,posted to unit 1975-

like i said,im more than happy to answer or look up any details folk might need,when the boy comes back from afghan he will possibly help me out with some scanning etc.i can then e-mail a few pages here and there.

-useful to know-not many do-you will need a 2000psi pressure gauge to check the cooloing fans hydraulic circuit-the pump outlet has a test point.

-tow starting procedure-

1/dead veh selects Neutral
2/live veh selects 3-5 gear range
3/when both vehs reach 10-12 mph the dead veh only selects 3-4 gear range,and when engine starts select N-stop both vehs and Park.
4/carry out normal warm up procedure to veh that has just started.

-towing procedure-

NEVER tow a veh in reverse,because gearbox oil pump will not operate.

with inop eng & gearbox
-up to 1/2 mile -no precautions
-1/2 - 5 miles-remove propshaft
over 5 miles-remove driveshafts.

with inop steering unit
remove drive and propshafts

with inop final drive
remove tracks

towing speed-x country= 5 mph road=10mph

thats all for today folks:p

m880 unimog

m880 Unimog,

Thanks for chiming in.
no worries,good to hear that chugging cold ones is still the best use-funnily enough i was looking through my old instructors books,and the most used wiring diagram was for the hot water vessel-gotta have tea as well you know!

m880 unimog

The one I just purchased has a Rolls Royce K60 6.5L
good engines when fed and watered properly,we had one in an abbott SPG -it ran on heating oil happily for years,one guy used to run his on contam-diesel/petrol mix available free from recovery firms,this k60 was a bit more tempremental,but still suffered no mech failures in the 6 years i was involved with it.

have fun-and as ever....PICTURES!:smile:

Yohan

Last I knew, you Limeys drank your suds at room-temp! Cheers!! :beer:

It was a Brit that got me in the FV432 in the first place. I think he moved to France or something. Haven't heard from him in quite some time.

no worries,good to hear that chugging cold ones is still the best use...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks