• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI for UT folks: Fastenal cannot ship East -> West

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up for, at least, Utah folks looking to use Fastenal to receive shipped pallets from the east to the west: Fastenal does not have room.

After submitting the online request:
https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)
I received an email from Sierra McNamee in the Salt Lake Fastenal Hub, Third Party Logistics Coordinator, who I then called directly for further clarification.
801-978-5828
smcnamee@Fastenal.com

Sierra informed me that the Salt Lake Fastenal Hub receives very limited shipments from back east and they are completely full of Fastenal product and there is no room for third party shipments. However, if you were shipping from the west to the east, there is room for that.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called the Salt Lake regional Fastenal lady, Sierra, again for even further clarification.

Sierra said all of Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada and parts of Colorado are all serviced by the Salt Lake regional hub.

She said it is possible that the Fastenal folks in other locations are able to route the shipment via 3rd party carriers but she hasn't gotten into that here. So the Fastenal logistics coordinators at other regions probably have different contacts/resources than the Salt Lake one.

So that means it may be possible to ship east -> west if paid for at the eastern location, but not if paid for here in Utah.

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now the ranting side of me gets a bit irritated at the last part. As the "Fastenal Third Party Logistics Coordinator" that sounds exactly like that should be her JOB​ to "get into that" (routing via 3rd party carriers) as she put it - but what do I know.

Stonepicker1

Just a heads up for, at least, Utah folks looking to use Fastenal to receive shipped pallets from the east to the west: Fastenal does not have room.

After submitting the online request:
https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)
I received an email from Sierra McNamee in the Salt Lake Fastenal Hub, Third Party Logistics Coordinator, who I then called directly for further clarification.
801-978-5828
smcnamee@Fastenal.com

Sierra informed me that the Salt Lake Fastenal Hub receives very limited shipments from back east and they are completely full of Fastenal product and there is no room for third party shipments. However, if you were shipping from the west to the east, there is room for that.
They told me the same thing about 4 months ago on a pallet from Florida to Utah. I tried it a week later and they sent me a quote(good to ship).

I sent the MRAP light kit on a pallet. It took 3-1/2 weeks to get to Utah. Then when the guy went to pick it up, they wouldn't release it to him because Fastenal lost the paper work. I had to call their corp office to get it released to the buyer.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They told me the same thing about 4 months ago on a pallet from Florida to Utah. I tried it a week later and they sent me a quote(good to ship).

I sent the MRAP light kit on a pallet. It took 3-1/2 weeks to get to Utah. Then when the guy went to pick it up, they wouldn't release it to him because Fastenal lost the paper work. I had to call their corp office to get it released to the buyer.
WOW, what a debacle! :cookoo:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the record, I received a ~200 lb pallet via Fastenal from NC -> Layton, UT (~2100 miles). Everything arrived in good order in about 1 week, but one of the ratchet straps used to secure the load had broken.

There was some confusion from the local Fastenal folks as when I arrived for pickup. The pallet had been partially unpacked and all the ratchet straps removed and they, for some reason, hadn't been at least placed with the pallet but were in a separate corner of the receiving room. I had to question three different Fastenal employees until one knew where the ratchet straps were and why they had been removed. Apparently he had been looking for paperwork as to what I owed on the shipment, but that had already been paid at the North Carolina end when the pallet was shipped. Fortunately, they believed me as I had zero paperwork to prove this. They provided speedy tailgate loading with a poor forklift with a bad clutch and brakes.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks