• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G.I. Robo tool set.... what to offer?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With what Gimpy said, the 1/2" drive version would be a good addition to an M37, M715, CUCV or the like, something without air. I can't justify them for a deuce. I also can't justify the darned STE/ ICE I have so if anyone needs one, it's here and its very nice.

papakb

I had some discussions with the folks at Robo Tools and they told me the 1/2" drive units that look like a milwaukie sawsall was designed for the HMMWV toolkit and the 3/4" tool with the right angle handle on it was for the Bradleys.

The first ones I got had bad planetary gears inside and were worthless but after paying for new gears I don't have any complaints with the 1/2" ones. They work fine on the HMMWV wheels and can really save your bacon by the side of the road if you've got to change a tire.

I do think I'd opt for the 3/4" tool for the larger trucks like the dueces...

I was given an IR 1" pneumatic impact tool a few years back and gave it to a friend because I just didn't need something that big. He was tickled pink until he had to pony up several hundreds of dollars for a new compressor, new hoses, and new fittings to make the beast work.

:? :? :?

Kurt

mattveeder

I agree with everyone that the robo tool guns are not the greatest. But waiting for the air to rebuild in my truck is no fun either. For me the robo tool is fine and when it cant do the trick my breaker bars can. Not to rain on anyones parade but any 1/2 in drive gun out there is not that much better than the 3/4 in robo tool. I say this owning with many years of owning 1/2 in guns from IR matco and snap on. But after all we are talking about emergency repairs and I will gladly take any of them over nothing my self.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I got a Robo Tool, catalog 2011. It's a ONE INCH drive. For the M1 Abrams Tank. I NEVER used air for my lug nuts. Was NOT necessary.

I used the air for my air/hydraulic 20 ton jack I got at Harbor Freight on sale for like $110.

I could change a tire on my deuce in less than twenty minutes. It took LONGER to get the tools out, lower the spare, wheel it next to the flat, jack up the axle and then REVERSE that than it did to actually remove the tire and put the spare in place.

Just saying...

The SMALLER ones are a bit anemic for a deuce. But if you CAN find a 2011 Robo Tool, you will NEVER use anything else again.

SmokeyDod

Ref these Robo units vs the air impact. Cucv's do not have air so the snap on etc are not so great when you are on a trail in the woods or trying to help another traveler with problems. With the robo , just plug it in and go. If you don't like one just pull out your 4-way and go to sweating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks