• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G pump and Hydraulic Head Removal

Just an FYI to all newbies and those that do not know. These pumps line up the same as all other pumps. There is one caveat that not many know about. There is a oil feed bolt that goes through the rear of the head housing. It will fool you by looking at it, if its been painted it will look like either part of the casting or mounting bolt for rear governor housing. Everything will line up just like every other pump. But the head will not slip out when you pull. It will act like you are right there at that point maybe a tooth off or something as it wiggles and torments you. Remove the bolt on the rear side of the head housing as it is an oil galley plug for head lubrication. Do not pry the head out for any reason on any pump. I learned this the hard way. If you by chance have a G pump and your head cracks like mine. Do not waste your time with it as there is zero new parts availability. Also given its rarity most will not stop and say wait a minute do you have a G code pump?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks