• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G177 MVT tire pressure???

LV2XLR8

I just purchased a set of G177's, 11x20 for my bobbed deuce. She still has dually setup in the rear.
My question is what recommended tire pressures would you run on the road and what would you run off road? Off road where I am involves no real mud or water (desert) but is very rocky and bumpy so I'm hoping I can get away with a low pressure just to eat up some bumps.
Thanks for all your help.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Considering the weight, I recommend roughly 70 psig in the fronts and 40 psig in the rears, assuming you continue to run duals.
I run 110 in the fronts on Squirt but then she has roughly 9,000# on that axle.
Try these pressures and run them a little, look at the contact patch, if it is not fully across the front tires then to much air, the rears (unloaded) tend to ride on the center pair of blocks, but shoud run fully on these blocks. If you never run with a load, reduce pressure till you get a full tire patch on the rears also.
Be aware the G177 gets real squishy at low pressures.

Last edited:

LV2XLR8

COnsidering the weight, I recommend roughly 70 psig in the fronts and 40 psig in the rears, assuming you continue to run duals.
I run 110 in the fronts on Squirt but then she has roughly 9,000# on that axle.
Try these pressures and run them a little, look at the contact patch, if it is not fully across the front tires then to much air, the rears (unloaded) tend to ride on the center pair of blocks, but shoud run fully on these blocks. If you never run with a load, reduce pressure till you get a full tire patch on the rears also.
Be aware the G177 gets real squishy at low pressures.

Is that for on road or off?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is for both. There is no significant change in the footprint of the the G177 with lower pressure like there is with the NDCC's. All you gain is a longer contact patch (by a little) not wider. The tread contact patch perfromance is totally different due to the belting.

JasonS

That is for both. There is no significant change in the footprint of the the G177 with lower pressure like there is with the NDCC's. All you gain is a longer contact patch (by a little) not wider. The tread contact patch perfromance is totally different due to the belting.
I found a significant improvement in traction by dropping the tire pressure to ~15psi or so.

bearboley

On Radials I run what the tire says on the side off it. My G177's on my 5 ton say 110psi max so thats what I put in them. I have found with radials on my semi's that the tires wear alot better when use that rule of thumb. You will like those tires the difference between them and 9.00-20 bias are night and day.

runk

My deuce is on G177s, still all 8 in back. I ran them at ~90 PSI at first, partially to help even out any flat spots (they were surplus). Very bouncy back and squirrely front handling. I'm down to 45 PSI in the back, and 70 in front now (with winch), and the ride and handling is much better. That also gives me a nice even wear (you can see the scrubbing on the tires from any turns on concrete) across the entire tread. This is mostly on-road. Haven't played with different pressure off road yet (and if we never get any rain again, there won't be much point...).