• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G286 tires on a deuce

Varyag

I just got a pile of these tires (goodyear G286s) and am thinking of mounting them on a few spare rims I have and trying them out on my deuce. Right now they are on 0 off-set howie rims with the standard 10 on 5 bolt pattern.

Now I have read a ton of threads from a while back on how some people think they are the best thing ever and some think they are terrible....

So, I am thinking whether it is a good idea to put the time and effort into swapping them to deuce rims and trying them out or not.

I do some off roading but rarely any mud because it is so dry here, also I hear they are terrible in the snow which is something we get here often, but I am not afraid to slap some chains on.

Any opinion is welcome.

powerhouseduece

If you do at least 90% street driving, it would be worth it. Dirt roads wouldn't be a problem either. Do you have enough wheels to run the G286's in the summer and NDT's in the winter? If you single the truck out, i'm sure it would be even better.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what its worth, I have them on the front of my 5 ton tractor. I like them, but I can't speak to how they handle on snow (Whats that?)

I like the way they look. I changed a bunch of things when I put the tires on, so I can't even say if they improved anything.

Attachments

Varyag

How do they wear on that thing? It is one of the considerations just because I doubt I will ever find replacements for a reasonable price again. I heard they have an extremely long life.

I do have enough rims and tubes to do a completely different set of wheels with these mounted.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do they wear on that thing? It is one of the considerations just because I doubt I will ever find replacements for a reasonable price again. I heard they have an extremely long life.

I do have enough rims and tubes to do a completely different set of wheels with these mounted.
I have about 750 miles on them now and they're just getting to where I can't see the molding seam on the tread anymore. These were new when I put them on.

I was concerned about wearing them out prematurely and so I barely set the toe in. I think its about 1/16th toed in. It does wander a bit and could probably stand more toe in.

Varyag

Nice, that's just what I wanted to see. Did you flip the hubs on that truck? I was thinking of just dishing them out.

-edit, looking at the pic, looks like you did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks