• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA 2011 Rally After Action Report

phil2968

I have not received raw video footage from anybody. I had some folks promise to send me some....if I get it the Prof. said we can do the video next week........I can do it using still pics but some footage from the covoy would be great.
The only footage I have is of the Florida convoy up. If you want it what is the best way to send it to you? E-mail says file is to large to send.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I was remiss in providing the vehicle count for this year.

M35A2 = 27
M35A3 = 5
M108 (crane truck) = 1
M923 = 1
M109 = 10
M818 = 3
M814 XLWB = 1
M915 = 2
M54 = 1
M55 = 1
M1010 = 1
Gamma Goat = 1
M151 = 1
Aircraft Tug = 1
CUCV II = 1
M886 ambulance = 1
M37 = 2
M1008 = 5
M1009 = 6
M1028 = 1
WWII ambulance = 1
Unimog radio truck = 1
MULE = 3
Pinz = 1
5 ton gun truck = 1
Gun Jeep = 1
WWII jeep = 1
Brit Landcruiser = 1
HMMWV maint truck = 1
LMTV Shop Van = 1
----------------------------------84 roadable trucks

M105 = 15
"Deuce Camper Trailers" = 3
M149 water trailer = 1
M1061 = 2
M101 series = 8
M146 Van Trailers = 2
MKT = 2
M720 shelter carrier with shelter = 1
M416 = 2
M172 = 1
-----------------------37 trailers
Final count was 121 total vehicles. All of these vehicles were confirmed, marked, and properly tallied. There is zero chance of duplicate counting.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have the green sticker on my headlight. Is it okay to remove it now?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes. We'll use a different color next year just in case we have someone that doesn't remove it LOL.

The Navy folks can now remove their stickers!! LOL. (You had to be there to understand).

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. We'll use a different color next year just in case we have someone that doesn't remove it LOL.

The Navy folks can now remove their stickers!! LOL. (You had to be there to understand).

I get harassed at work by the former Air Force guys about having my name stenciled on my backside (pants) while in the Navy. I hope it wasn't similar.

;-(

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I git an Email from durhamtown. the guy that drives the grader and bobcat was killed yesterday while working on the trailes a stick came thru the bobcat and impailed him. lets keep his family in our prayers. They have gone out of there way to do anything we needed. May he R.I.P

Wayne Jordan 64 R.I.P.

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
CARNAC AND Rcovery4x4 thank you for the hard work you put in to keep the gate this year. you both did an outstanding job!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I git an Email from durmtown. the guy that drives the grader and bobcat was killed yesterday while working on the trailes a stick came thru the bobcat and impailed him. lets keep his family in our prayers. They have gone out of there way to do anything we needed. May he R.I.P
Dang that's horrible news!!

MB and I gave him a cup of coffee one morning.
Seemed like a super nice guy.

We'll keep him and the family in our prayers.

3dAngus

What a horrible tragedy. Almost happened to me one time on my John Deere 450 track loader. I was spared by the ROPS.

May he rest in peace. Heart goes out to family and friends.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Was it the young guy that is also in the National Guard unit that brought the truck and Humvee out?

Very sad news...especially this time of the year.

Maybe our chaplain can send a card on behalf of Steel Soldiers.
The Email said he was 64. he drove the grader and bobcat.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK....PM sent to our Chaplain.
Richard,
Thanks for the quick heads up on this - I got the message while at church - we'll be sending a condolence card on bahalf of ALL SteelSoldiers. I'll pass along any contact info, and arrangement details in the thread below....

I started a thred in Chaplains corner about it!
Tigger,
Thanks for taking that initiative. Y'all please jump to this thread for further updates....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/chaplains-corner/79348-durhamtown-death.html#post1005759

May you all be at peace.
John
"Chappy" (per Don the Island Guy)

sandcobra164

I was remiss in providing the vehicle count for this year.

M1008 = 4
M1028 = 2
----------------------------------84 roadable trucks
Final count was 121 total vehicles. All of these vehicles were confirmed, marked, and properly tallied. There is zero chance of duplicate counting.

Fantastic on the count CARNAC, I'd like to change the numbers slightly to reflect that my truck is not an M1008, it's a M1028!!! Fantastic turnout of trucks and we'll be there next year!!! Thanks for the green sticker!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments