• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA area junkyard pic's

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some photo's from a local yard in Piedmont AL. They had several Chemical Shelter Trailers. Some totally rust free some missing minor parts $1500 each! :shock:

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also went to CSI in Talapoosa. Called before and prices were crazy high. When you go and talk to them prices get better, especially on stuff they do not have a high use for. They export trucks overseas and the residue stuff is reasonable.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a M1009 steering column and a NOS set of 105 fiberglass bows. They did not care what bows I took since most trucks they ship do not get them installed. (same price for all)

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last CSI pic:
The trailer in the 5th was loaded and heading to South Dakota tomorrow, had M1009 and new looking trailer plus parts. This photo is 4 spot lights I got-they had all 3 styles but I was not expecting to find (or looking) at any so I could not remove the 3rd type without proper tools. Trying to go to Shirleys on Sat and Ottocraft on Sunday. Pic's will follow. (hopefully I still have money left after the weekend! :roll:

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

take lots of pics of shirley!!!! a couple of us from Knoxville are planing a trip................Jimmy you interested?????

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think it had a goose neck, somewhere someone from TX (OH it was opcom) had a link to a huge amount of pic's of shirleys. I will see if I can find.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics! Any chance that you would be getting rid of that light with the grab handle on it, or do they have more?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would get rid of the 2 top ones (metal) for 40 each shipped. I paid 30 each plus tax. That would give me about a 5$ profit that would cover gas (maybe) to go back. If you want them pm me. I can run down and scrounge another set.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I decided work was not the place to be so I headed to Ottocraft. After 2.5 hours, they were closed! :evil: So I decided to drive through town and see what was there. About a mile or so later I saw a bunch of MIL stuff on a side road and turned. Drove by and saw an older guy with a bunch of dogs so I turned around and stopped. Turns out it was Sam Werners place. It was probably the best mil-veh fluke I have ever made, great guy. Talked for HOURS! Could not believe the stories or stuff he had (mostly 60's or prior). If you have an early rig he is the guy to call saw many rare vehicles and piles of parts! Said the family had the property since the 1880's and had been doing MV's since the 40's! :shock: Got a couple parts (traded), and can't say enough about him. One of the best MV experiences I have ever had. After I left passed Ottocraft and saw the gate open so I stopped, Otto was not there, but I did get to get a quick glance at the yard. It was quite big with some interesting items. Some were very nice-alot had rust. The M275 there was quite rusty. It was almost comical cause the guy showing me around was just telling me how rare and restorable the 275 was when he opened the door and it fell off! (on the trucks behalf several bolts had been removed). Anyway it was a great trip and will DEFINATELY be back. Sorry no pics, camera died. Tomorrow is Shirley's with Clinto.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think ADR had prices for that. I believe 15K. CSI is definately better for RESIDUE parts!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today met Clinto and went to Shirleys. Damm camera batt died again guess I need a new one. :cry: Anyway he had alot of dueces. Bought some generator stuff and a new composite battery box for 25$. Had a stack of fiberglass troop seats, nice 151 body, and at least 3 NOS 2A042 generator motors. As with all yards I have visited lately talk with owners you get parts alot cheaper than the phone. He had some cool stuff just had to dig for it. I don't think he will be in business much longer; he seemed like he was ready to change careers again (we heard the whole story). He had a wide variety of stuff and was definately worth the trip (lots of buicks, M38A1, MB, and generators all over). Need to try and find OPCOM's photo's to truely appreciate what he had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks