• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA CUCV Recovery

tgtaylor64

It took forever to get it started. I replaced the fuel filter and bled the lines. Got good, clean diesel coming out. It was a warm (60s) day and the starter was really spinning but it would not catch. Any suggestions?

tgtaylor64

Wait light comes on but goes off quickly, say 2-3 seconds. Temp was in the high 50s yesterday in SC. Even cycled several times. Water in Fuel light stays on despite repeated draining of the new filter. Will water and diesel separate into two phases or appear merky? The fuel coming out looked clean and clear. After I drove it 10 miles and shut it down, it started right back up!

dhedden

Glow plug issue. Most likely the card controller since they are so prone to failure. Ohm the glow plugs, the info is on here in a search or in your TM. If they check good, add a push button to manually energize them. usually 10-12 seconds in mild weather. 20-25 seconds below freezing and it'll start right up as long as the glow plugs are good and your IP isn't leaking fuel and losing prime.

davidkroberts

if you want to keep the stock automatic system and add a manual capabilty the get the light blue wire that runs into the control card. Splice a wire to it through a momentary switch (like a starter button) and to a good ground. Works great

cmroles

if you want to keep the stock automatic system and add a manual capabilty the get the light blue wire that runs into the control card. Splice a wire to it through a momentary switch (like a starter button) and to a good ground. Works great
when using this "switch" mod the glow-plug controller will continue to work normally, correct?

I'm interested in adding a switch as a precaution against possible future failure of the controller. I like having it do the work for me....but if it breaks I still want to be able to get it going!