• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA MVPA Fall Rally: September 28-29, 2012

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I for one like that location in Kennesaw...

It seems to me to be close enough to the Atlana area overall, that just about any of us
in the Atlanta area can get to it, without it needing to be a long road trip.
So we can just make a day of it, as opposed to a weekend or longer.

Besides, not everyone can take off for a week or so, for a big rally,
so if we still need our MV fix, then smaller events like this are just fine.

As for it not being as crowded as in past years, perhaps it may not be the location,
perhaps it may be because the OD addiction is not a big mainstream addiction,
such as sports, football, baseball, basketball, etc... in the first place...

Here is an example, how many people attend something like a big football game,
compared to something like a big airshow...
I do not know the numbers, but based on observations, more people in general are into sports, etc. then MV's...

I was hoping to get up there to Kennesaw this time, but work and life got in the way.

Just my $0.02 cents... 2cents

wilfreeman

Yeah, we went last year and had a pretty good time talking to some of the guys and buying a few things. This year, now that I have my M38a1 done, I had to make a choice between the 2. I built my Jeep to use, and like riding on trails and getting into a little bit of mud - soI chose to go to the SS rally. Nothing against the MVPA rally (I am an MVPA member) - I just want to hit the trails, not the city!

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good observations, the Ga MVPA has traditionally been an "jeep" club. We have nothing against jeeps, but this year the trucks outnumbered the jeeps by 3:1
The MVPA rally is a "show and shine" the SS Rally (especially SSGR) is a"ride and drive".
We need both if our hobby is to survive and thrive. We have plenty of people that have vehicles that just hardball them, I have never seen SS members shun any of these, they are still nice to look at. We also need put play time.....

Two week to SSGR12, are we there yet????????????

Attachments

joeM62

It was my first time at this location, was told it used to be bigger what happened? There was some nice looking jeeps and duces and 5tons and met some new faces and seen some I haven't seen in a good while. A new location would be alot better, listening to train horns while you are trying to talk or to listen other people around you. Thats my 2cents

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The MVPA isn't having a 2013 event or there isn't word yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks