• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gages

Armada

I've got some extra duece gages and would like to use them in my cucv. There is room next to the amp gage for one. I'd like to use the temp and oil pressure gage. Would these work in the 1009? If I attach them to senders on the 6.2, will they be accurate?

ida34

I think voltage might be a problem. The Deuce gages are 24 volt. If you tap the power from a 24 volt source instead of a 12 volt source and use the deuce 24 volt sending units it should work ok.

MATT

You are right ida, also the 1009 uses a volt meter as i recall, not a amp gauge. YOu can buy gauges from napa or carquest for around $20. I would use the mechanical gauges, NOT electrical gauges.

ida34

I don't know but I doubt it. I don't know of any military vehicles that use mechanical gauges. I keep a mechanical oil pressure gauge for checking out low oil pressure readings from electrical gauges. I run a T fitting and compare the readings from both. You could get a gauge pod that goes on the A pillar but putting mechanical gauges up there would be difficult. I will put in a mechanical gauge set for water temp, oil pressure, and perhaps trans temp in my Cucv when I get it running.

mangus580

As long as you use the sending units from the deuce, they should be accurate. Yes, supply them with 24v. (now you have me rethinking my guages for mine!!)

They did have mechanical guages, on the older M series, such as the M37 and M38. At least I know there is a mechanical oil pressure...

Keep in mind, they will be difficult to light :-(

rizzo

My M810 has a mechanical oil gage(it had a cummins). I'm using it with the gasser. I bought a VDO vision seres tach and Mech. temp gauge and the tach has a set up for use on diesel engines by hooking to the alternator.