• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gainesvile, GA. touch-a-truck

andy3

I got the call I was dreading this evening. Sounds like my cam broke on the front of the motor. So it looks like I'm looking for a used motor. Looking for advice and options. I guess I'll start a new thread in the morning after mulling it over overnight.
Thanks to Ron for the assistance Sir. (He hates being called Sir but it was just how I was raised, I try to restrain myself)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ya, I was so into the ip and once I saw that the HH was good and still not working that I did not think beyond that, In the ip under the HH there is a snap ring then a plate, then a coil spring, then the roller cam follower, this cam follower was stuck in the bore, had a heck of a time getting it to pop up and out, apon inspection of the follower I saw FRESH gouges and scratches, this is matched machine surface with the bore, the tm says there is NO replaceable parts other then the HH. It bothered me on where the metal came from to cause the follower damage, though I was still thinking ip, this morning I remember that on Sat. Andy said "I heard a THUNK and the truck shut down" being a bad ip does not go thunk, the question was what would all the while still screwing with the ip, then the light came on after taking stock of a few other signs that the cam had died, either sheered the key or broke right behind the drive gear, pulled the valve covers, turned the engine over, NON of the rocker arms moved, proved my broken cam idea. The tore up ip is collateral damage from the cam dying, hence the fresh scored up cam follower. I hated to make that call to Andy, I would have liked to call and say "your truck is on the front lawn, ready to go home any time you want to come and get it".

Last edited: