• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GAMA GOAT-New restoration questions/opinions

natey

Been busy with the goat project this last week, got just about everything all back together and got all the electrical working, headlights, gauges, even the cold start etc. Found a 60 amp generator from a user on here and got that installed it works good. The only thing really left is to get the brakes working and some small finishing touches and it will be good enough for me.

Was going through my pile of extra parts today and found what I believe is a radio antenna mount for the carrier? Correct me if I'm wrong. Does anyone happen to know the value on that I would like to sell that along with all the spare parts I have, 4 extra fenders, 2 fuel tanks, center console, another windshiled and a lot more. I will add some pictures of today's progress along with what I believe is for an antenna mount.

Attachments

natey

Well I got my goat to the point now where I'm happy with it, it runs drives and stops and have all the electrical working, definitely quite the different machine from when I picked it up a month ago. Wouldn't guess that it's even the same goat at this point

This week I put a NOS canvas top on it, my Question is I have a bunch of softop doors for this thing and I can't find any information on how they are supposed to mount I have ehat I believe to be the mounts for it but not sure how they bolt up and if I'm missing anything. Wondering if anyone has any pictures of their goat with doors on it and how they mount up

Attachments

Gamagoat1

Nice find. Those little 4-53 diesels are a great little motor but a little on the loud side.

Be careful with the starting fluids with the old detroit. Did you check the fuel rack before starting it for the first time? Those racks can bind up form sitting and if they do she could runaway from you.

Keep us posted.

Mark
It's a Detroit 353 not 453.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks