• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GAMVPA Fall Rally and Swap Meet - September 19 and 20, 2008

hopkins92

The GAMVPA 2008 Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet will be at American Legion Post #201, 201 Wills Road, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004. See the website: http://www.legion201.org/

Swap meet, military vehicle displays, concessions on site. No live guns or ammunition, please.

Contact: Tony Castagno, President GAMVPA; (404) 512-9221; tony.castagno@verticalthought.com or write: GA MVPA, PO Box 464206, Lawrenceville, GA 30042.

Directions: From Alpharetta, Georgia, take Old Milton Parkway (GA Hwy 120) west approximately 5 blocks and turn north on Wills Road (not Wills Drive). American Legion Post 201 is the first driveway on the west side of the road. Look for the US Army HU-1 Iroquois (“Huey”) helicopter displayed at the road.

Historic Military Vehicles FREE!!
Outdoor swap meet/vendor spaces FREE!!
Camping or RV space FREE!!
Admission is also free to the general public.

See the rally flyer at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22290867@N05/2668602263/sizes/o/in/set-72157606167620358/

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So my uneducated question would be....Why not get with SS (Clinto) and schedule both at the same time and bring in more people????? Just curious. :roll:

hopkins92

Joint Activities

The GAMVPA has a hard enough time scheduling and organizing our own rally, much less coordinating with another outfit. It is a good idea, though. I started announcing our Fall Rally on the Steel Soldiers website to get this kind of creative feedback.

Some of you may recall that we used to have a great fall rally in Helen, Georgia until we outgrew the site. In the future, maybe we could have a joint rally or swap meet around Helen somewhere. Feel free to attend our monthly meetings and we'll start tossing ideas around. You don't have to be a GAMVPA member to attend.

We will be meeting at our regular venue on the third Saturdays of July and August:
Eat/socialize at 12 noon, business at 1 pm, Delkwood Grill, 2769 Delk Road SE, 1 mile east of I-75, Marietta, GA 30067, grill phone number (770) 956-1313.

P.S. There is a large vacant lot adjoining the Delkwood Grill with a level, crushed stone surface. Big trucks and tractor trailer rigs have plenty of room to manuever and park.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Joint Activities

I LOVED the event when it was in Helen, but I know we outgrew it....... The show in 99 or so was the first MV event I attended. It was a lot of fun.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We are in the process of planning a joint event to be held at the Iron Mike Museum in Columbus, GA.
Tentative plans have it next spring or therebouts.
The museum is operated by SS member Papabear and his partners in crime.
It located near Fort Benning and offers a lot to the MV enthusist.
We will announce more as we make concrete plans.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
How would I go about getting a vendor spot??
Once all the logistics are worked out we will put out a notice via SS and MPVA.
I will probably be acting as publicity hack for the event.
There is a great area for vendors with cover and electricity.
Keep your eyes and ears open for details.

hopkins92

Rally Hours

I don't have the official hours for this year's rally yet. In past years, we opened at 0800 and stayed until 1800, although things started winding down around 1500 on Saturday. Best bet for spectators is 10 am each day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks