• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gas cap

Chadshell

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but how in the world do you remove the gas cap?? I've turned the t handle counter clockwise multiple times to no avail. I assumed it worked like a boat plug that expands when turned, but it won't seem to loosen, any thoughts or suggestions?

Action

maybe the rubber is turning with it. Hold the round part with one hand and push it to one side to put pressure on the rubber. Turn "T" with the other hand . This may help.

papakb

Spray a little WD40 or some Kroil on it and let it sit for an hour and see if that doesn't loosen it up. It won't contaminate your fuel. It's just an expansion plug like the ones used on boat transoms but if it's been sitting the rubber may be sticking to the filler neck.

Kurt

Chadshell

I finally got it, the rubber was turning with the handle..I appreciate the responses, just my first one of these and didn't want to break the cap pulling on it.