• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gas in oil equals rebuild

STSCSS

Going to start the rebuild on the engine today. First things first is troubleshooting the compression. Since the old girl hasn't ran in almost a year and a half this should be interesting

GUNNY 155

Seems like both engines are marginal in one way or another. Having worked as a mechanic the best advice I can offer is do it right and be done with it. Look at which engine is the best candidate for rebuilding and go from there. If you have the extra cash have a speed shop balance everything for you. One of the biggest reasons this engine has a poor longevity record is internal vibration. They also lack a harmonic vibration damper on the crank pulley which only adds to the problem. Therefore balancing the crank, rods and flywheel becomes very important. I was amazed when I got my stuff back just how far off everything was. Another point to note was that when I did my restoration and tore the engine down it only had about 12K miles on it since the last depot overhaul and when I got out the micrometers and checked everything it was nothing but bad news. just my 2 cents here. Cheers and good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks